Emerson College is the primary user of its venues.
Under certain circumstances, it makes those venues available for non-Emerson uses. All non-Emerson events pay the “full costs recovery” rates for time, equipment, and services. Licensees are expected to:
- Sign a Standard License Agreement outlining terms and costs of use;
- Provide a current, signed IRS W-9 form;
- Pay a non-returnable deposit (20% or more) at signing;
- Use Office of the Arts as the Primary Ticket Office;
- Use our exclusive caterer for any food and beverage service; or an external caterer who must provide a Certificate of Insurance naming Emerson College additionally insured;
- If alcohol service is desired, use of our internal bar service provider is required;
- Provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance 20 days before load-in, in the amount of $3MM aggregate, $1MM per occurrence. The agreement reads: "Said policies shall name as Additional Insured, “Emerson College, its affiliates, officers, directors, trustees, volunteers, students, and employees” and other such parties of which EC shall give Licensee notice from time to time. Such insurance policy shall include a waiver of subrogation against any of the Indemnitees and Licensee hereby waives any recovery against the Indemnitees related to any such matter.”
- Deposit with Emerson College the full projected settlement costs prior to load-in;
- Final settlement and payment of ticketing proceeds occurs about a week after the last performance.
When requesting the use of a venue, the following information is required to vet bookings and complete an estimate of cost:
- Date(s) of engagement and requested venue. To view our venues please visit the Venue Information here;
- A production schedule for a theatrical production OR a proposed schedule for non-theatrical engagements;
- Brief description of engagement including expected attendance, desired room layout, and technical requirements (media playback, audio playback, specific lighting, etc.);
- Catering or Alcohol Requirements;
- Any other event specific information.
Have a question that is not answered here, please visit our External Client FAQ!
For all inquiries, please contact email@example.com