Emerson College is the primary user of its venues. Those venues include:
For more details, please see our Venue Information.
All are located on Emerson College’s Boston campus and primarily programmed with College, academic, and ArtsEmerson theatrical programming. (Please note: Emerson College does not operate or program the Emerson Colonial Theatre.)
Under certain circumstances, the Office of the Arts venues may be made available to license for non-Emerson uses. All external licensees pay the “full cost recovery” rates for time, equipment, and services. Furthermore, licensees are expected to:
- Sign a standard License Agreement outlining terms and costs of use;
- Provide a current, signed IRS W-9 form;
- Pay a non-returnable deposit (20% or more) at signing;
- Use the Office of the Arts as the primary ticketing and box office service provider;
- Use our exclusive caterer for any food and beverage services or an external caterer who must provide a Certificate of Insurance naming Emerson College additionally insured;
- If alcohol service is desired, use of our internal bar service provider is required;
- Provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance 20 days before load-in, in the amount of $3MM aggregate, $1MM per occurrence. The agreement reads: "Said policies shall name as Additional Insured, “Emerson College, its affiliates, officers, directors, trustees, volunteers, students, and employees” and other such parties of which EC shall give Licensee notice from time to time. Such insurance policy shall include a waiver of subrogation against any of the Indemnitees and Licensee hereby waives any recovery against the Indemnitees related to any such matter.”
- Settle all financial matters and receive any payment of ticketing proceeds in the weeks following an event.
To request rental of one of our venues, please Submit a Request via the Office of the Arts Venue Inquiries form. The following information is required of any inquiry:
- Date(s) of engagement and requested venue. To view our venues and see pertinent details please visit the Venue Information here;
- A production schedule for a theatrical production OR a proposed schedule for non-theatrical engagements;
- Brief description of the engagement including expected attendance, desired room layout, and technical requirements (media playback, audio playback, specific lighting, etc.);
- Catering or Alcohol Requirements;
- Any other event pertinent, specific information that may help our office understand the fit of the event in our venues.
For more information on this process, please visit our External Rentals FAQ.
To make an inquiry for one of our theatrical venues, please submit a request here.
To make an inquiry for our screening room, please submit a request here.