What venues do you have available for rental?
Venue spaces available for external rentals include:
Bright Family Screening Room - 180 Seats is only available for rentals Friday-Sunday.
For more venue information, please see our Venue Information.
What are the technical specifications for your venues?
For technical information related to stage dimensions, lighting, audio, and visual capabilities for each space, please see the technical documents in our Venue Information.
Can I rent a studio space?
Studio spaces are only available for rentals outside of the academic year. As the studios are primarily used for academic purposes, they are only available for rental pending availability. To inquire about availability, please e-mail email@example.com.
What are the costs for renting your venues?
To find out more information about the rental costs and packages that we offer, please visit our Rate Card.
What am I required to provide to rent a space?
Licensees are expected to provide, among other things, the following:
- Sign a Standard License Agreement outlining terms and costs of use. Generally, the costs fall into five categories:
- License Fee, by Day, covers space use, upkeep, equipment, and administration.
- Set-up Fee, by Event, event planning, staff recruiting, coordinating, and structural support costs.
- Event Equipment costs cover specialized gear such as portable seating, stage lights, projections, and audio.
- Emerson College Event Staff who must be present to support your event.
- Provide a current, original, signed IRS W-9 form.
- Provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance 20 days before load-in, in the amount of $3M aggregate, $1M per occurrence with Emerson College named as an additional insured. The insurance policy should also include a waiver of subrogation against any of the Indemnities.
- Pay a non-returnable deposit at signing.
- Sell all single tickets sales through the Office of the Arts box offices.
- Use Office of the Arts exclusive alcohol service.
- Deposit the full projected production costs prior to load-in.
Please note: You may provide your own production staff and bring some of your own equipment to reduce costs, however an Emerson Technical Supervisor is required on site.
What information do you need about my event?
Please provide a detailed summary about what your event entails, theater of interest, dates (as well as flexibility, if any), and a technical rider (if a rider cannot be provided, technical requirements).
Can we serve food and drinks?
Concessions are allowed in venues. If you wish to engage concessions for your event, please indicate in your initial request.
When can I expect an estimate of cost?
Estimates are provided once we can confirm event details and place a hold on dates in our season calendar. Please note that all estimates are created for each individual event.
How far ahead does a venue request have to be made?
Confirming an event requires the input from various departments in our team, so please submit your request at least 4-6 weeks in advance to allow us time to process the necessary paperwork.
Can I rent the venue for a wedding, photoshoot, or film-shoot?
Unfortunately, our venues are not available for weddings, photoshoots or film-shoots.
Do you have breakout rooms?
Unfortunately, we do not have break out rooms available for rental.
Do you have green rooms and dressing rooms?
The Cutler Majestic, Paramount Mainstage, and Jackie Liebergott Black Box Theatre all have green rooms. The Cutler Majestic and Paramount Mainstage both have dressing rooms close to their respective green rooms. To learn more specifics about these spaces, please see the technical information located in our Venue Information.
Do you have an area where we can serve meals or refreshments?
Depending on availability, we may have reception areas available. Please indicate in your request if your if you require refreshments or catering.
Do you have parking available? Do you validate parking?
To learn more about our parking partners, accessible parking, street parking, and garage parking please please see here.
Do you offer accessibility services?
To learn more about how we make our venues accessible, please see our Accessibility Services.
Can I do a walkthrough of your venues?
If you are interested in doing a walkthrough of one of our venues, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a date.
Who do I contact if I am a student or staff of Emerson College?
If you are an Emerson student or staff member, the process to submit a request for a space is different.
If you are a student, please visit our Student Reservation Information page for more information about the process.
If you are a staff or faculty member, please visit our Staff/Faculty Reservation page for more information about the process.
If you have any additional questions about rentals, please email: email@example.com.
We look forward to working with you!